- allow police officers and firefighters to negotiate safe staffing levels
- establish a constitutional right to form a union and bargain collectively
- invalidate any attempts by the state legislature to limit collective bargaining rights
- override state laws about employees hours and conditions of employment
- mandate binding arbitration for some police groups
If passed, Proposal 2 would be the first of its kind in the country. The campaign to pass Proposal 2 got a big boost earlier today, when President Clinton endorses the measure.